Three Centuries of Tradition and still counting

About

The Museum is the official museum for both the Tigers and The Queen's Regiment and traces the history of the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment, direct successor of twelve forebear regiments through four and a quarter centuries of service to the Crown. Starting in 1572 with the deployment of a Tudor company to support the Dutch in their war against the Spanish and the raising of a regiment in 1661 to garrison the North African Port of Tangier, which earned the first ever awarded battle honour 'Tangier 1662-80' a series of displays, interactive videos and recordings takes the visitor right up to the Regiment's most recent operations in support of the UN and NATO in Iraq and Afghanistan.

For details of Castle entry fee contact English Heritage Dover Castle at Tel 01304 211067 or www.english-heritage.org.uk. Entrance is free to the museum although not to the remainder of the Castle.

To visit our Facebook page click here or on Twitter PWRR_Museum

Events

The Museum will have a small display at the Queen's Regimental Riders Association One Aim Rally 2017, over the weekend of 30 June 2017. Details available at QRRA

INFORMATION

Address

Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment and Queen's Regiment Museum, Dover Castle, Castle Hill, Dover, Kent CT16 1HU

Tel

01304240121

Email

pwrrqueensmuseum@btconnect.com

Fax

01304240121

Web

www.army.mod.uk/pwrr

Curator

Mr HR Thomas MBE

OPENING HOURS

April - September
10am-6pm

October
10am-5pm

November - April
10am-4pm
(weekends only and non term time, details will be shown)

View English Heritage Dover Castle Website for opening times

OUR FACILITIES

Coach Parking
Car Parking
Restaurant/Cafe
Toilets
Lecture Room (with prior arrangements)
Shop (English Heritiage only)